- Compiled qemu from source using MinGW32/Msys (hint: add the "target-list=i386-softmmu" so that you only compile the target of interest to you). Haven't figured out how to get a Ctrl-Alt-2 that actually works yet...
- Installed UltraVNC
- Copied the qemu exec from i386-softmmu to pc-bios and ran everything from pc-bios
- Created HDD image (with qemu-img)
- Default of qemu on IPV6 system is to use IPV6 which makes the VNC connection unavailable - need to provide IPv4 address to -vnc option, and thus, from the pc-bios directory:
qemu -usb -vnc 127.0.0.1:0 -hda winxp.img -m 512 -localtime -net user -net nic,model=rtl8139 -cdrom //./d:
- Connected through UltraVNC viewer with "localhost::5900" and installed XP
- First thing to do once XP is installed is to disable mouse acceleration by disabling "Enhance Pointer Precision" in Mouse Properties -> Pointer Options